Extarnelly Funded Projects
• Onset of Puberty and Induction of Estrus: Role of Kisspeptin (kiss1) in Bovine Species (Mithun and Cattle). K. K. Baruah, Perumal P., M. Mondal, A. Chatterjee
• Characterization and Purification of Lactoferrin from Mithun (Bos frontalis) Milk and its Antimicrobial Potency on Different Pathogenic Bacteria of Mithun. K. K. Baruah, M. Mondal, R. K. Mondal
• Genetic and Biodiversity Studies on Mithun. S. Mukherjee, Anupama Mukherjee, S. Kumar
• Identification of SNP in Leptin Gene for Selection of Mithun with Higher Growth Traits.S. Mukherjee, Anupama Mukherjee, S. N. Joardar
• Elucidating the Mechanisms Involved in Higher Feed Efficiency of Bovine Species by Expression of the Genes Regulating Mitochondrial Proton Leak Kinetics. N. Haque, A. Dey, S. Mukherjee, S. Dayal, K. K. Baruah
• Veterinary Type Culture. N. Haque, V. Singh
• Epidemiology and Genetic Characterization of Important Helminth Parasites of Mithun (Bos frontalis) in North-Eastern Hilly Region of India. J. K. Chamuah, V. Singh, K. Khate, R. K. Singh
• Prevalence and Molecular Epidemiology of Bovine Viral Diarrhoea (BVD) in Ruminants with Reference to Mithun (Bos frontalis) in North East States of India. V. Singh, J. K. Chamuah, Perumal P., R. K. Singh, N Mishra K. Rajukumar, S. Kalaiyarasu, H. Hemadri, Patil
• Development and Deployment of a Molecular Screen for Detection and Characterization of Influenza Virus Subtypes from Yak and Mithun in the North East States of India. S. K. Das, S. Lal, V. Singh, A. K. Bera
• Socio-Economic Upliftment of Farmers through Mithun Based Farming System. R. K. Singh, V. Singh, Z. Hiese, Nesatal.
• Establishment of Institutional Level Biotech Hubs (IBThubs) under Special Programme for North Eastern States of India. K. K. Baruah, V. Singh
• Bioinformatics Infrastructural Facility for Biology Teaching Through Bioinformatics (BIF-BTBI). K. K. Baruah, N. Haque, V. Singh
• Creation of Infrastructure Facility Under DBT’s Programme for the North Eastern Region. K. K. Baruah, N. Haque, V. Singh
• Development of Mithun Based Integrated Farming System Model for Sustainability and Livelihood Security of Small and Marginal Farmers. M. H. Khan, N. Haque, S. Mukherjee, Theruganavel, R. Kumar, A. Kumar, K. Khate, P. Perumal
• Transcriptome Analysis of Growth Traits in Mithun through RNA-seq Approach and Whole Genome Sequencing of Mithun (Bos frontalis). S. Mukherjee, Anupama Mukherjee, C. G. Joshi
• Impact of Heat Stress on Mithun Production and Its Amelioration Strategies. K.K. Baruah, N. Haque, R. K. Singh, V. Singh, A. Kumar, K. Khate
• Optimization of Mithun Semen Freezing Protocol through Controlled Freezing and Minimizing Sperm Damage. M. H. Khan, Perumal P., K. K. Baruah, Anupama Mukherjee, V. Singh
• Studies on Endocrinological Profiles of Mithun (Bos frontalis) Bulls for Enhancing Fertility. Perumal P., K. K. Baruah, M. H. Khan, J. K. Chamuah, S. Mukherjee, K. Khate.
• Studies on CatSper Genes for Evaluation of Reproductive Traits of Mithun (Bos frontalis) Bulls for Enhancing Fertility. Perumal P., J. K. Chamuah Application of Fluorescent in situ Hybridization (FISH) to Find out Unique Features in Mithun Chromosome. Anupama Mukherjee, B. R. Yadav, R. Kumar, K. Khate, C. Rajkhowa.
• Application of Fluorescent in situ Hybridization (FISH) to Find out Unique Features in Mithun Chromosome. Anupama Mukherjee, B. R. Yadav, R. Kumar, K. Khate, C. Rajkhowa
• Genome Wide Association Study for Growth and Feed Ffficiency Traits in Mithun. Anupama Mukherjee, S.Mukherjee, N. Haque.
• Development of Commercially Viable Feeding Strategy for Rearing Mithun in Intensive System Using Spent Grains from Breweries Industries. N. Haque, N. Prasad, Saroj Toppo, K. K. Baruah.
• Isolation and Characterization of Botanicals from NEH Region for their Antibacterial and Antimethanogenic Activities. N. Haque, Saroj Toppo, K. K. Baruah.
• Studies on Ectoparasites of Mithun (Bos frontalis). J. K. Chamuah, Perumal P., P. R. Dutta, V. Singh, A. Kumar, K. Khate.
• Study on the Epidemiology of Important Disease of Mithun and their Association with Disease Resistance/Susceptibility. V. Singh, A. Kumar, J. K. Chamuah, D. Borkotoky.
• Comparative Evaluation of Humoral and Cell Mediated Immune Status of Mithun (Bos frontalis) and Tho-tho Cattle. A. Kumar, V. Singh, J. K. Chamuah, K. Khate